Expertes in aerodynamics
Since years we at STAPS optimized aerodynamics on the track, in the wind tunnel or in the lab. Among our athletes are world champions in time trial, Tour de France-stage winners and successful triathletes.
Our expertise was also used by well-known manufacturers of aero-equipment like HED, Lazer or Castelli, to test and develop material.
Optimization of athlete, machine and material – equal for professionals and amateurs
You want to be faster with the same power output? We optimize your aero-position, show you which helmet and clothes are best streamlined and test the most suitable aero-wheels.
Through our collaboration with well-known aero-manufacturers, we have several materials to test, to find the fastest combination of athlete, machine and material for you!
How the get-AERO!-test works
You arrange a test date on a track in Germany, Austria or Switzerland with us. To that date you bring your bike and your complete aero-material with you. We transfer your position on one of our special Cannondale test bikes. These bikes are modified to change your position fast without any time loss due to the montage of bike parts.
After the familiarization on the track, you ride with competition-similar velocity several rounds in which we measure your drag (CdA-value) in real-time with our highly-technical measuring instruments. These data are transferred via wireless signal directly to the computers of the STAPS-crew.
After the baseline-check we optimize step-by-step your aero-setup and perform again and again new measurements. The bar higher? The extensions closer? The saddle a bit back? According to our know-how and the experience of ten years of aerodynamic testings, we know fast, which adjusting screws we have to change to optimize your position and make you faster. At the end of the measurements you get a detailed checklist which shows you all the adaptations and changings you should adapt on your bike to become more aerodynamic in the future.
For sure you can “play“ with several materials at the get-AERO! test date. How much faster is a certain helmet, a special aero-wheel or the new aero-suit for race-bikers, time trialists or triathletes? We have the fastest equipment for you – or you test your own material.
Be faster in the future – and get-AERO!
You want to be faster?
Get more aerodynamic with our help!
After a baseline-measurement we optimize your aero-position step-by-step and to new measurements again and again. On that way we find an optimal combination of aerodynamic and comfort.
In combination with the get-AERO! Equipment-Test
- calculation of your drag (CdA-value)
- biomechanical analysis of your aero-position
- stepwise optimization of your positition in 4-8 measurements with optimized settings
- calculation of your performance benefit at competition-similar velocity
- forecasts of your competition time on 40k-time trial, middle- & Ironman-distance
- written analysis incl. the recommended settings of your bike
duration: ca. 2,5-3,5h
Disc or trispoke? Which aero-suits is best for you? Which aero-helmet fits to your posture of your head?
Test material from our equipment or your own material and we show you which setup is the fastest for you.
In combination with the get-AERO! Bike-Fitting
- aero-helmets: Lazer, POC, Giro, Uvex, etc.
- aero-wheels: trispoke, high-profile wheels, discs
- tires: clincher or tubular, latex or butyl
- Clothes: aero-suits, tri-suits, aero-shirts
- drink systems at the frame, bar or saddle
- shoe covers, aero gloves, etc.
- ... every aero-material, you want to test...
duration: ca. 1,5-2,5h
Biomechanical analysis with the gebioMized-system additionally to the get-AERO! BikeFitting. Included are measurements for costum-made saddles and special insoles.
additional to the get-AERO! Bike-Fitting:
- analysis ot your aero-position with the gebioMized-system
- measurements of pressure on the saddle, the foot-soles or arm pads on the bar
- biomechanical functional diagnostics
- analysis of your force-transfer on the bike (stability)
- analysis of symmetries of your body
duration: ca. 1-1,5h
ad|vice&vance in sports GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Björn Geesmann
Buchheimer Ring 87